Welcome
Welcome to <strong>The Proclaimers</strong>.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, <a href="/profile.php?mode=register">join our community today</a>!

Bath Halls, Friday 5th August

Gig reviews and live happenings

Moderators: Carole, fran

Bath Halls, Friday 5th August

Postby ucancallme_Al » Sat Aug 20, 2016 11:57 pm

Taken a while to get round to writing this, and I’m beginning to think that not many Haverers have been to see them this tour so, in the absence of many other reviews, have posted my ramblings once again.
We had originally intended Scarborough to be our last show of the current tour, but when I got an email about this, decided to make it one more. The only potential downside was having to travel along the M62 and M18 on a Friday evening when both have the potential to snarl-up and turn into giant car parks, so rather than risk being stuck in traffic, I decided to use some holiday and travel in the afternoon.
After finding a nice place to eat, we were trying to work out exactly where we needed to be heading when I spotted a familiar face so, having accosted Stevie on the street, we walked back to the Bath Halls with him, and I took the opportunity to request a dedication for my good lady wife. Found out it was the first time they’ve played there, a first for us too, although I reckon it’s the 10th different venue we’ve seen them at.
Another good venue although, unlike Scarborough where you come out the front door to where the waves are lapping against the sea wall, this one is in a built-up area with a Sainsbury’s across the road, although that was handy to get some cold bottles before we went in. As it turned out, they had an area inside the auditorium where you could get drinks or ice cream, so it was more like a visit to the cinema. There isn’t much space in front of the stage so we didn’t get close enough to grab a set list; as before, they were doing something from almost every album but still featuring the SoL soundtrack heavily, although I can’t remember everything now. They played Restless Soul, which had been dedicated to me at Cambridge, so it was probably the same set as there. Because it used to be a swimming baths, a lot of the flooring is suspended, so the place was literally bouncing from I’m On My Way onwards; in the encore came Life With You "for Barbara", which was what I’d asked Stevie to pass on.

All in all, another great show, and probably our last one for a while now until we see The Shires towards the end of this year.
Last edited by ucancallme_Al on Sun Aug 21, 2016 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Youth has gone"
ucancallme_Al

Re: Bath Halls, Friday 5th August

Postby ucancallme_Al » Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:18 am

By the way, in case anyone is wondering why my post doesn't mention the location, I did put it in the subject line, but it was replaced by "swearie word", which I've realised might happen again so, just in case, it was at - S c u n t h o r p e :!:
"Youth has gone"
ucancallme_Al

Return to Live