Welcome
Welcome to <strong>The Proclaimers</strong>.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, <a href="/profile.php?mode=register">join our community today</a>!

The Proclaimers music on my surgery listening, suggestions?

Discussion area for Proclaimers related topics

Moderators: Carole, fran

The Proclaimers music on my surgery listening, suggestions?

Postby SMH » Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:06 pm

I am preparing for Surgery, no-I am not the Surgeon, I am the Patient! But I need a music list to be played for me....I have an idea how to start but I could use suggestions for other songs and possibly order and why....

Here is my start -

You Built Me Up.....the Surgeons need inspiration too! :D
Hard Hearted Woman (Cat Stevens)....they need to understand my value as a woman :D
Susan When She Tried(an old Statler Brothers song)... yes I am Susan and again my value is in the lyrics :D

Not sure where to go to next, I need 3 hours of uplifting and stimulating music....I think the rest should be songs from the Proclaimers list, but I am struggling with selections.....too many really great sounds in all of their songs, but please no 500 miles-I don't want distracted Surgeons!

Any ideas, anyone....does anyone actually communicate in here?

I am thinking of ending with "Scotland's Story", primarily for the passion and strength of the lyrics and music but Charlie's voice is so firm and impassioned in the version I have - the message is inspiring to be who I am and be proud of my heritage.
SMH

Re: The Proclaimers music on my surgery listening, suggestio

Postby Turin » Sat Dec 24, 2016 11:18 pm

Wow, can you do such things during surgery? I didn't know!

Some songs I would definitely like to listen to would be:

- Everyday I Try
- Restless Soul
- Life with You
- Notes & Rhymes
- The entire "Born Innocent" album (I looove it!)

Turin
Turin

Postby SMH » Sat Dec 24, 2016 11:36 pm

Fantastic.... I didn't think anyone was on this site. My surgeons are very progressive, I am scared to have to go into surgery so they want me relaxed. I will take your suggestions into consideration. I have to admit I am leaning towards a a looped play of of "Let's Hear it for the Dogs" ....this is an amazing album. I will loop "Scotlands Story" in because I like the song and I adore Charlie's passionate presentation of the song. Life with you is inspiring in a different way....I really want my surgical team to know the value of repairing me! I am a woman of great value....american with a Scottish heritage.
SMH

Postby Turin » Sun Dec 25, 2016 1:16 pm

Don't be afraid of surgery, I had quite a few and I'm going to have one in April. You'll be fine!

There are some people on the Haver, but they are mostly "watching". :)

Turin

P.S. Gentle on My Mind - I would definitely listen to it!
Turin

Postby SMH » Sun Dec 25, 2016 9:13 pm

Thanks Turin.....Gentle on my Mind is a good one, one of my Fathers favorites.

I will take your advice and not stress, it's funny but everyone tells me not to worry and that just ramps me up!

I have decided to loop Let's Hear if for the Dogs.....it really is a very good album and the songs have very deep feelings attached....my father was musical, I just listen and hear the stories - there are so many stories on that album. The Proclaimers are more than singers, they are minstrels with stories with a passion for what they believe in and hold true. I know my father would have enjoyed their music.....he could pick up any instrument and play then mellow me with a beautiful voice.....so gentle on my mind is definitely in!

The boys at school used to sing beautiful brown eyed girl for me, I have always been a sucker for a guy with a guitar and good voice! I am fortunate my surgical team is progressive and figured out that music mellows me more than drugs....just like the boys at school!

Happy Holidays!

Susan.....listen to Statler Brothers Susan When she tried, then Cat Stevens Hard Headed Woman....that is me!
SMH

Postby Gerri » Wed Dec 28, 2016 1:07 pm

Hi Susan,

Wishing you all the best and a good recovery. With Proclaimers' music you'll do just fine ;-)

Gerri
Gerri

Postby SMH » Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:07 pm

Thanks Gerri....I got released from the hospital, but left a strong impression. My whole surgical team is now singing "You Built Me Up". My care Nurses love the you tube with Charlie singing "Scotlands Story".... I left new Proclaimers fans at my hospital. Woo hoo...their liking my music made everything ok, all except the 7 hours in recovery w/o music.
SMH

Postby SMH » Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:31 pm

To Turin, Gerri, and all watching.....I am healing, prognosis is good but still a lot of time to repair. So, I listen to the Proclaimers daily, my prescription! Especially, You Built Me Up.....what genre are the Proclaimers music style? I have my idea; I will share, but only in conversation not sharing with peepers.

Next medical appointment this coming Friday....as long as I follow directions I will heal, that is what the surgeon keeps telling me, it's hard but I believe I will be 100% soon. I wish I could say as much for the political environment here...it is so broken.
SMH

Postby Gerri » Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:17 am

Good to hear you're on the mend. Take good care of yourself and keep enjoying the healing music of the Proclaimers! :-)
Gerri

Return to The Proclaimers