Welcome
Welcome to <strong>The Proclaimers</strong>.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, <a href="/profile.php?mode=register">join our community today</a>!

Permission to record?

Discussion area for Proclaimers related topics

Moderators: Carole, fran

Permission to record?

Postby JenBurdoo » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:08 am

Hi there. Board looks quiet but maybe someone can help. I recently discovered the Proclaimers through other groups' covers of their songs, but if they ever turn up in South Florida I'll have to get a ticket!

That said, I've got a Youtube channel in which I play Celtic and folk music (badly) and would love to record Scotland's Story. I usually try to get permission, though (as on their site) sometimes I can't find contact info for the publisher or artist. I found a link on this board to their manager but it appears to be defunct. Any suggestions? Or are they tolerant of incredibly-amateur cover versions?

Thanks, Jennifer
JenBurdoo

Return to The Proclaimers