Welcome
Welcome to <strong>The Proclaimers</strong>.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, <a href="/profile.php?mode=register">join our community today</a>!

sunshine on leith piano music

Reviews & chat about the music

Moderators: Carole, fran

sunshine on leith piano music

Postby kenny » Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:29 pm

hi. im wondering does anyone know where i could get the piano music for sunshine on leith. i said to my lecturer i wanted to do it in singing in collage. but im having a hard time finding it. i emailed stevie over myspace but i dont know if he'll get back to me.

BORN INNOCENT FOUND GUILTY EVERY TIME
kenny

Postby Christine » Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:54 am

hi kenny, some time ago I was looking myself for the music book of "Sunshine on Leith". I found one in the Blackwell online store:
http://bookshop.blackwell.co.uk/jsp/id/ ... 0863596643

The problem is, that they are not able to deliver at the moment, probable delivery date mid of February, at the moment.

btw, if anybody could help me with the tin whistle part in "Cap in Hand", I would be very grateful.
Sunshine on Köln - 8th December, 2007
Letter from Dortmund - 16th March, 2008
Joyful Rudolstadt Blues - 5th July, 2008
Christine

Postby kenny » Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:42 pm

hey thanks for the link christine. stevie did get back to me and told me there was a book of the music and if i couldnt find it the manager might have the sheet music he can get photocopied for me. i'm going to head into glasgow at the weekend and see if i can find the book so i dont need to trouble them straight away for anything.
BORN INNOCENT FOUND GUILTY EVERY TIME
kenny

Postby fran » Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:41 pm

doesn't it just go to show what lovely guys these people are!!!!
I should have be on my fiddle long before now but never seem to have the time.
If you don't get on this board, I'll come round yer 'ouse and stamp on all your cd's
fran

Postby Twinkle » Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:30 pm

Christine wrote:btw, if anybody could help me with the tin whistle part in "Cap in Hand", I would be very grateful.

Hi Christine, maybe I am a wee bit late, but I can tell you how I play the tin whistle part in Cap in hand. Craig plays a D whistle, the most common one. The notes are something like

FFFGAAGFEEEE
FFFGAAGFEEEE FGFED DEFGFEDE DD.

All the F are #(sharp), as it is the D scale.

Maybe you know the fingering for each note, but if not, just ask me. Also the possition of the fingers can be seen pretty well in the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcWSpPkf78s
I love Rock n Roll, it took my hand and it touched my soul
Twinkle

Postby Christine » Sat Oct 18, 2008 1:54 pm

Hi Twinkle, thanks a lot. Sometime ago I watched the youtube videos of Cap in hand again and again in slowmotion to find out the finger positions by myself, and Tom helped my by playing it on the piano for me. We came up with this:

FFFGAAGFFE
FFFGAAGFE EEFGFED DEFGFEDE DDD.

It's quite similar to what you have got, so we can't be that wrong :D

How long have you been playing the tin whistle? Did you have lessons? I try to teach it myself with a book and CD for beginners.
Sunshine on Köln - 8th December, 2007
Letter from Dortmund - 16th March, 2008
Joyful Rudolstadt Blues - 5th July, 2008
Christine

Postby Twinkle » Sun Oct 19, 2008 6:13 pm

Yeh, more or less the same :D

I didn't take lessons... I just learned by myself. I also play the wooden flute (recorder) and it's similar, although different.

Some years ago a friend brought me two tin whistles from Dublin, C and D, and I try to do something... I can read music but I also enjoy playing by ear the tunes I hear or know.
I love Rock n Roll, it took my hand and it touched my soul
Twinkle

Re: sunshine on leith piano music

Postby laneside » Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:28 pm

kenny wrote:hi. im wondering does anyone know where i could get the piano music for sunshine on leith. i said to my lecturer i wanted to do it in singing in collage. but im having a hard time finding it. i emailed stevie over myspace but i dont know if he'll get back to me.

Wish we had had this when we got married up in Stornaway, we asked if the organist could get this for our wedding blessing. He couldnt ,only had traditional music so we had Ave Maria . it was nice but wished i had been more organised.
laneside

Postby laneside » Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:31 pm

fran wrote:doesn't it just go to show what lovely guys these people are!!!!
I should have be on my fiddle long before now but never seem to have the time.

Fran did you ever get back on the Fiddle? Ive had mine year and am still learning The Grand old Duke of YORK. I bust a string and will have to get it fixed. :oops:
laneside

Return to The Music